Monday, February 4, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf

One day I was watching the episode of Grey's Anatomy where a couple of the characters were trying new recipes, and they were making meatloaf. It made me super hungry for meatloaf, so I googled for recipes and found one on Pioneer Woman's website. It's amazing.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/my-favorite-meatloaf/

I cook the bacon first and then chop it into small pieces and pat it onto the loaf before baking (because I don't like a lot of fatty fat around the meatloaf). Also, I've tried cooking this on a broiler pan, in a loaf pan, and on a roasting pan covered in foil, and only the broiler pan (covered in foil to make cleanup easier but with holes punched through so that the fat can still drain) works for me.

And I always use a meat thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment