Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Curried Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Swiss Chard

Another recipe from the "Indian" category on Smitten Kitchen.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/11/curried-lentils-and-sweet-potatoes/

I forgot to add the lime and wished I hadn't. I left out the cilantro because Eric doesn't like it, but it probably would have been nice (especially with the lime).

I used 4 cups of broth, but at the end (of what seemed like a lot longer cooking time) the lentils weren't as soft as I would have liked. So if I make this again (which I might, because it's pretty cheap and easy and fast except for how long it takes to cube the sweet potatoes), I think I'll add 5 cups broth.

I didn't use any almonds.

I did remove all of the seeds from the pepper. In the end the dish had a slight spicy kick but it wasn't too spicy for me.

Also, we had spinach so I used that instead of chard. I chopped it up, so I didn't really notice it.

I really like sweet potatoes, so I think it would be a little better with more sweet potato and less lentil (fewer lentils?).

It would probably be good with naan. Or rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment