Monday, February 4, 2013

Naan

I love naan. When I make it at home it doesn't turn out exactly the same, since I only have a regular oven, but it's still really good. Right now my favorite thing to eat with naan is sweet potato crepes - I'll post that recipe too.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/naan/

This is the recipe I've used. I don't have a grill, so I use a pizza stone in the oven (at 500 degrees, so they only bake for a couple of minutes (at the most) on each side). (I've also tried it in a skillet on the stovetop, but I didn't like that method as well.) I don't oil it, and I don't brush the naans with butter until after they're done baking. I *do* pat them with a little bit of water before placing them on the stone. And I probably add twice the garlic that the recipe calls for, and I add it (kneading it in) before the second rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment