Monday, February 4, 2013

Failed Attempts

There are a few recipes I've tried lately that weren't great (and that I wouldn't try again).

Green Thai Curry from Vegan With a Vengeance - a lot of work for not a lot of flavor (though I did get to learn how to use lemongrass)

Orange Supreme Muffins from The Perfect Finish - part of the problem might have been that I was using white whole wheat flour. I don't know. But I got to learn how to supreme an orange.

Bouley Banana Chocolate Tart from The Perfect Finish - the caramel was off. Maybe it was the lime juice. It just wasn't good. Waste of ganache...

Pumpkin Creme Brulee - turned out, but wasn't good.

Dark Chocolate Caramel Creme Brulee - more of a pudding. Tasty, but I didn't like it with the caramelized sugar top. The custard was good by itself with raspberries.

Croissants - *tons* of work (or time), maybe they would have been better if I hadn't overbaked them. I'll try again with a different recipe. (This is what I had tried.)

No comments:

Post a Comment