Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Butternut Squash and Kale Quesadillas

This is the only recipe currently under Pioneer Woman's "vegetarian" category, so I decided to try it for dinner tonight. But I had a couple of bad quesadillas in a row (I won't say what restaurant, but I will say that I don't want to go there ever again), so I took the "over pasta" option in the recipe description.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/butternut-squash-kale-quesadillas/

It was my first time buying/cooking/eating kale (remember when I asked the person in the store where it was and I was standing right by it?), and I didn't hate it. It's not my favorite green, though - it was a little bit tougher than I would have liked. I thought the meal (the squash and kale over shell pasta topped with shaved parmesan) was just okay, but my brother (who we invite over because we like him and also because he helps us have less food leftover) said it was one of his favorite things we've made.

I'm shocked that the meatloaf wasn't on his "top 3" list. It's really really good meatloaf.

He and Eric also said I should take pictures of what I make. I don't really want to get into that - I feel like typing up the recipes takes enough time as it is, and there are way prettier pictures than I would take on the sites I'm linking to. But here's a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment