Sunday, July 7, 2013

Banoffee Pie

A few weeks ago we needed to bring dessert to something so I found a few recipes that looked good and asked Eric which he would prefer. I can't remember what I ended up making, but today I got around to making this banoffee pie from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. I guess banoffee pie is a thing...I hadn't heard of it before making this recipe.

I did make my own dulce de leche using the crockpot method she gives. I made two batches. Both times I had one jar on its side and that jar leaked. I cooked both batches on low for about 9 hours and decided they were done because they looked like they were the right color. I used a little over two jars for the pie and stirred in a teaspoon of vanilla before pouring it into the oreo crust. 

I accidentally used granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar in the cream layer. I don't know how it would have been different otherwise. 

The pie overall was a lot softer than I thought it would have been. I had the cream layer in the mixer for probably 5-6 minutes and thought it looked thick. It was in the refrigerator for probably 1.5 hours before serving. It was very tasty, though (but very very sweet). 




No comments:

Post a Comment